Friday, January 18, 2013

it's a new year!

well it's a new year and I want to try to blog again! usually the blog is the first to go when life gets busy. Its a new year, new perspective and new life happenings right? or really its all the same and just making the changes we want to make.
I of course have made my goals...running (and losing 20 pounds), sewing/quilting, scrapbooking and home improvements and my horses, and my ASL and reading more.

as far as my running goes, I go at it good for months and then all of a sudden I get busy and stop and have a hard time getting started again. For example, this past Nov, I did 2 5k's, I ran one time in Dec and well it's Jan 20 and I still haven't ran.  I have a few reasons (don't we all?!!) but I am using Jan as a sort of recovery month for myself, just to get basically caught up in areas, then do a little towards the end of Jan and be going full force by Feb.

Sewing/Quilting...well I have told a few friends that I want this year to be the year of quilting, I want to do at least 6 quilts this year, might not seem like a lot to some of you but to me it is HUGE. I still want to focus on small project sewing, table runners, zip pouches and handmade items (for Etsy too?), but I want this year to be all about the quilts! I want my quilts all over my home. I plan and am doing a couple of quilt alongs also, or sewing with friends :) I have sewn a lot of little projects the past 2 months, I will share those soon!

Scrapbooking, I miss scrapbooking badly!  Scrapbooking was my first crafty love! I have so much stuff, I am not lacking, I just need to do it! and get more of my pictures organized :) which I think in return help with my scrapbooking. Maybe do a few challenges with friends.

Home improvements, well the list has been made for all the rooms in the house and outside.  The major cleanups I want to do and the improvements, and hopefully buy a few new items for the house (flooring, flat screen, something for the new flat screen to sit on or just be below it!)

my horses, my sweet and oh so stubborn horse! I want to be riding more! I want to be more confident! I still want to try and play around with barrel racing, nothing too crazy, just have fun!

my signing (ASL) ever since I stopped taking my lessons and going to school, like the saying goes.."you don't use it, you lose it" I am afraid that is happening,  I did talk to my past teacher that I have done lessons with and maybe I can do some more. I also have been trying to practice by myself a minimum 2-3 times a week.

As far as reading, I want to take the time to read more, I notice I get somewhat cranky when I don't get to dive into a book. Also to be involved in a new Bible Study :) We are back with our old church (it's been 6 years!)  and meeting new people, God is good and He works wonders.

Its all exciting! I think I always feel like a fresh start is good, a time to do better and always to rely on God. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4-13



3 comments:

Dana Gaffney said...

What a nice surprise to find this! I like listing off your goals for everyone to see, brave girl, now you can come back every once in a while to see how your doing. You know I'll be keeping an eye on you.

Dee said...

I was just thinkiing of you and missing your postings! I love you sharing your heart for your family, friends, horses and hobbies! I will be praying you accomplish all He wants you to as well. Come by the blog sometime, I've been trying to keep up with Life as well...but you know me and how busy things get! Hearts to you and happy days!

Heather said...

I love a fresh start! I'm trying not to be quite as ambitious as I was last year (lol) but still plugging away on the same basic goals. Thanks for stopping by! I always love hearing from you. :o)